Mortal Kombat is now available in the palm of your hands with this new port. Fast action, killer combos, and all the gruesomeness you remember as a child return to make this an instant classic, for any Mortal Kombat fan or fighting fan alike.
The Story – Earth realm’s warriors are back, but their mission is different this time around. Shao Kahn and his minions must be defeated, while maintaining a balance in time. That’s right; I said time. Raiden is having visions of the future, and its up to him to figure these messages out or it’s curtains for Earth’s warriors.
[toggle_box title=”Toggle Game Details” width=”Width of toggle box”]
Title: Mortal Kombat
Developer: NetherRealm Studios
Platform: PS Vita
Release Date: 5, 1, 2012[/toggle_box]
- Perfection – The PS Vita version of the game has everything from the PS3 version.
- But Wait There’s More – The PS Vita version comes with a whole new challenge tower and tons of mini games utilizing the Vita’s features in all sorts of cheesy ways. (Test your Balance, Test Your Slice, etc…) Mortal Kombat‘s version of fruit ninja is pretty fun and addicting.
- Can I Get Fries With That – All four DLC characters (Kenshi, Scarlett, Rain, Freddy Kruger, and lets not forget the Playstation exclusive Kratos) are included in the game.
- Lookin Good – New costumes can be unlocked in the new challenge Tower.
- Finish Him – All the characters come with 2 sometimes 3 fatalities, a stage fatality, and a babality.
- The List Goes On And On – This game has so much content its ridiculous. There are so many different things to do and mess around with. You will not get bored if you’re any kind of fighting game fan at all — you will love this game.
- Watchin The Sunset – The backgrounds in the game are gorgeous and make you feel like you’re really playing on a PS3.
- Hmmm…Thats Not What I Remember – During cinematic sequences the graphics are top notch, but while fighting, character models can look really goofy during close ups. Liu Kang looks like he’s a million years old. It’s just weird. Scorpion and the rest of the roster definitely don’t have the console’s detail but once you get to the fighting it really doesn’t matter.
- Hit-And-Miss – Online mode for Mortal Kombat can be weak sometimes. My experience has been 50% of the time its laggy. AdHoc mode works great when playing next to some one so that’s good. It can also take quite a long time to find a ranked match.
- Ehhh…What Was That? – The sound isn’t great by any standards in this game. I even used headphones and it didn’t get any better.
- Maybe Next Time – A mission mode similar to Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would have been a nice addition. I’m always talking to people that say they wished they could get better at Mortal Kombat and learn cooler combos. I tell them to look on the internet, but it would be nice to have some in game tutorials on a more advanced level.
This game is absolutely amazing!!! It is well worth the 40 bucks and will keep you entertained for hours on end. All of my friends with PS Vitas bought this and have not been able to put it down, so what are you waiting for? Go get it!
[toggle_box title=”Click To Reveal Scorecard” width=”Width of toggle box”]
Replay Value: 10
Amazing – This is a must have, you’ll see this game on top ten lists at the end of the year.[/toggle_box]