The introduction of a new story driven 3rd person shooter is always welcome in my library. They are too few and far between. This game is a thrilling adventure that sucks you in from the moment you enter Dubai.
The Story – The story is what this game is all about. Tough decisions and tough AI opponents await around every corner to stop you from completing your mission. Your mission is to liberate Dubai. Now it seems simple enough but just wait and see the many twists and turns that will befall you on your journey. I don’t want to give any of this story away but trust me when I say — the 7 hours is well worth your time and effort.
[toggle_box title=”Toggle Game Details” width=”Width of toggle box”]
Title: Spec Ops: The Line
Genre: Third Person Shooter
Platform: PS3, PC, Xbox 360
Release Date: 6/26/12[/toggle_box]
- Hello Dubai Graphically this game is gorgeous. So many environments and a different feeling comes with each. They didn’t hold back on anything in this department.
- Huh?…What was that noise?- Sound! Holy crap I love the way this game sounds. Every creak and crack sparkles in your ears. Orders being called out and your team mates giving you many heads up makes you pay close attention at all times. This game is a pleasure to play using headphones or a good set of surround sound speakers.
- Season Finale- It has been a very long time since I really enjoyed a story like this one. It’s like watching a TV series and constantly wanting to know whats going to happen next.
- Control Yourself – The shooting mechanics in this game are tight and responsive. You can see your progression through as you quickly become more adept to laying down the smack with multiple headshots. What I’m trying to say is that Spec Ops: The Line is very accessible.
- Multi…..slayer- The multiplayer in this game is not even something that you’re gonna want to touch. It’s not story related and its very generic.
- Why wont I stick!?- The cover system can be clunky at times. You will get use to it, but it will also cause you to curse.
- Fin- This campaign is short! Its as expensive as any other game, but the story isn’t long enough. You may want to go through it again to see what other choices cause, but ultimately its still too short.
- Noooooooo!- There is no co-op in this game. Since the game is so short I feel like this should have been a given. A story related co-op only campaign would have definitely been welcome. Maybe DLC???
- Nothing to report sir- This is a very generic 3rd person shooter. It works well, but it does not bring anything new to the table. The story makes up for this; just don’t be expecting anything revolutionary.
This game is great! I would say its worth 2 playthroughs. If you’re leery just pick it up used and return it. Either way it will not be a waste of your time.
[box_light]We believe that the score is the least important part of a review. It’s tough trying to assign a numerical value to an experience. Furthermore, is there really a difference between a 7.5 and an 8? Gamers place too much importance on arbitrary numbers. This is why our scores are hidden by default. Only look at them if you absolutely need a number between 1-10 to see if a game is worth your time. You can read our review guidelines here.[/box_light]
[toggle_box title=”Click To Reveal Scorecard” width=”Width of toggle box”]
Great – Many strive for greatness, and fail. Not this game, it looked greatness in the eye and lived to tell about it. We recommend purchasing it.[/toggle_box]